- 2×2 ID Picture (taken within the last six months) (JPG only)
- Identification page of Passport
- Airline Ticket or Flight Booking
- All TEC Applications submitted online are processed within three (3) working days from the date of submission of complete documentary requirements, in accordance with Republic Act 11032 or the Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act of 2018.
- THE DATE OF YOUR FLIGHT MUST BE AT LEAST THREE (3) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF YOUR ONLINE TEC APPLICATION. Otherwise, your application must be processed ONSITE through any of TIEZA’s Travel Tax Offices or Airport Counters.
- All online TEC applications are processed and evaluated from Monday to Friday.
- All online TEC applications submitted beyond 5pm or on Saturdays and Sundays are considered as submitted on the next working day.
- To proceed with filing your TEC online, please click on this link.
WHO MAY BE EXEMPTED FROM PAYING THE TRAVEL TAX?
The following Filipino citizens are exempted from the payment of travel tax pursuant to Sec. 2 of PD 1183, as amended:
- Overseas Filipino workers
- Filipino permanent residents abroad whose stay in the Philippines is less than one year
- Infants (2 years and below)
There are other individuals qualified to avail of exemption. Please see complete list below. Table also shows requirements to avail of the exemption.
Note: In all cases, you will be required to bring your Original Passport.
|Exempt Passengers||Requirements (Original Copies)|
|Foreign Diplomatic and Consular Officials and Members of their Staff||Certification from the Office of Protocol, Department of Foreign Affairs or their respective Embassy / Consulate|
|Officials, Consultants, Experts, and Employees of the United Nations (UN) Organization and its agencies||
UN Passport or Certification of Employment from the UN office or its agency
NOTE: Dependents are also exempted if fare is paid for and certified by the UN. For dependents of employees of other UN agencies, a certification and proof from the organization / agency is required
|United States (US) Military Personnel including dependents and other US nationals with fares paid for by the US government or on US Government-owned or chartered transport facilities||Government Transport Request (GTR) for a plane ticket or certification from the US Embassy that the fare is paid from the US Government funds|
|Overseas Filipino Workers||
NOTE: The OEC is valid as Exemption Certificate if used in going to the OFW’s worksite
|Crewmembers of airplanes plying international routes||Certification from the Civil Aeronautics Board that the crewmember is joining his aircraft, indicating the crewmember’s name, position, and location of aircraft|
|Filipino permanent residents abroad whose stay in the Philippines is less than
one (1) year
|Philippine Foreign Service Personnel officially assigned abroad and their dependents||Certification to this effect from the Department of Foreign Affairs|
|Officials and Employees of the Philippine Government traveling on official business (excluding Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations)||Certified true copy of Travel Authority or Travel Order from the Department Secretary concerned to the effect that such officials / employees are traveling on official business|
|Grantees of foreign government funded trips||Proof that travel is funded or provided by a foreign government|
|Bona-fide Students with approved scholarships by appropriate government agency||Certification to this effect from concerned government agency
NOTE: “Student” is defined as a person attending formal classes in an educational institution for the purpose of taking up a course leading to a diploma, the duration of which is not less than one (1) year
|Infants (Up to second birthday on date of travel)||In case the original passport cannot be presented, the original birth certificate and photocopy of ID page of passport|
|Personnel (and their dependents) of multinational companies with regional headquarters, but not engaged in business, in the Philippines||Certification to this effect from the Board of Investments|
|Those authorized by the President of the Republic of the Philippines for reasons of national interest||Written authorization from the Office of the President expressly entitling the passenger to travel tax exemption|
|As provided under R.A. 6768, Balikbayans whose stay in the Philippines is less than one (1) year||Identification pages of passport and stamps of last departure from and arrival in the Philippines, duration of which is at least one (1) year
Airline ticket used in traveling to the Philippines
|As provided under R.A. 6768, Family members of former Filipinos accompanying the latter||
Foreign passport of former Filipino or other evidence of former Philippine Citizenship
Birth certificate or adoption papers of children and / or marriage contract of accompanying spouse