SERVICE CODE: A2
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE:
A lost passport can be replaced at the Embassy. The applicant will be required to execute an affidavit explaining the circumstances of the loss of the passport.
A fifteen (15) calendar day clearing period commencing on the date of acceptance of the application is observed to allow time for verification and possible recovery of a lost passport, and for the Department of Foreign Affairs to notify its foreign service posts, concerned government agencies, and the diplomatic or consular corps about the cancellation of the passport reported lost.
1. One (1) Notarized Affidavit of Loss to be applied for at the Embassy;
2. One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of Thai Police Report;
3. One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of English translation of Thai Police Report;
4. One (1) photocopy of the lost passport (if available) or any personal identification such as National Statistics Office (NSO) issued birth certificate or marriage certificate;
5. One (1) recent colored photograph with white background (Size: 2 x 2 inches);
6. One (1) duly accomplished passport application form.
Fees for lost passport application and Affidavit (of loss): http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-office/schedule-of-service-fees
1. Client must personally appear at the Embassy;
2. Client shall present to the consular officer all the requirements listed above;
3. Client shall pay for the Affidavit of Loss on the same day of application;
4. Client shall wait for the fifteen (15) calendar day clearing period;
5. Client shall return to the consular section after the clearing period to apply for a new passport;
6. Client shall be called by the consular officer for the capturing of biometric information;
7. Client shall be given a Passport Release Claim Stub which contains information on how to verify the availability of passport through the Embassy website.
8. After verifying the availability of passport through the Embassy website, client may claim the passport at the Embassy personally or through a representative.
ESTIMATED PROCESSING TIME:
1. Application for Affidavit of Loss: one (1) to two (2) hours depending on the volume of applicants;
2. Clearing period: fifteen (15) calendar days after the date of application;
3. Capturing of biometric information: thirty (30) minutes to one (1) hour depending on the volume of applicants;
4. Printing of passports at Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila: six (6) to eight (8) weeks;
5. Claiming and or release of passport: ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes.
- Please refer to notes for New/ Renewal of Passport.