SERVICE CODE: A3
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE:
A damaged passport can be replaced at the Embassy. The applicant will be required to execute an affidavit explaining the circumstances of the damage or destruction of the passport.
1. Original valid (damaged) passport;
2. One (1) Notarized Affidavit of Destruction to be applied for at the Embassy;
3. One (1) photocopy of original passport;
4. One (1) duly accomplished passport application form.
Fee for Damaged Passport Application is the same as for New Passport Application.
Fees for the passport application and the Affidavit of destruction (under Affidavits) can be found in this link: http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-office/schedule-of-service-fees
1. Client must personally appear at the Embassy;
2. Client shall present to the consular officer all the requirements listed above;
3. Client shall pay for the Affidavit of Destruction on the same day of application;
4. Client shall be called by the consular officer for the capturing of biometric information;
5.Client shall be given a Passport Release Claim Stub which contains information on how to verify the availability of passport through the Embassy website;
6. After verifying the availability of passport through the Embassy website, client can claim the passport at the Embassy personally or through a representative.
ESTIMATED PROCESSING TIME:
1. Application for Affidavit of Destruction and Renewal of passport: one (1) to two (2) hours depending on the volume of applicants;
2. Capturing of biometric information: thirty (30) minutes to one (1) hour depending on the volume of applicants;
3. Printing of passports at Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila: six (6) to eight (8) weeks;
4. Claiming and or release of passport: ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes.
- Please refer to important notes on Renewal of Passport.